ABACUS - Assembly of Basic Applications for Coordinated Understanding of Semiconductors
Join Policy: Open/Anyone
Created: 28 Aug 2019
PN Junction Lab in ABACUS
PN-Junction Lab in ABACUS is everything users need to explore and teach the basic concepts of P-N junction devices. Edit the doping concentrations, change the materials, tweak minority-carrier lifetimes, and modify the ambient temperature. Then, see the effects in the energy band diagram, carrier densities, net charge distribution, current-voltage (I/V) characteristic, and other phenomena.
There is a significant set of associated resources available for this tool.
- a demo of this tool
- a Primer on Semiconductor Device Simulation.
- a Learning Module entitled PN Junction Theory and Modeling that walks students through the PN-junction theory and let’s them verify concepts through on-line simulation.
- Homework assignment on the depletion approximation (by Lundstrom)
- Homework assignment on the depletion approximation (by Alam)
- PN Diode Exercise: Series Resistance
- Exercise: PIN Diode
- PN Diode Exercise: Graded Junction
- Basic operation of a PN diode - Theoretical exercise
- PN diode - Advanced theoretical exercises
- Schottky diode - Theoretical exercises
PN Junction Lab Learning Materials – Comprehensive set of learning materials for the PN Junction Lab.
There is a dedicated group page for Faculty Only, where further assignments and solutions are shared. Access to that group is granted on an individual basis.