DATE CHANGE: nanoHUB could be intermittently unavailable on 05/06 from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (EST) for scheduled maintenance. All tool sessions will expire on 05/06 at 8:00 am (EST).
Coral Name: nitride_sputtering
FIC: Tim Sands
Process/Equipment Owner: Bivas Saha
Location: BRK 1217
Max Wafer Size: 2
* Versatile sputtering system for the deposition of metals and nitrides
* Manufacturer: PVD Products, Inc.
* samples up to 2” diameter wafers
*max substrate temperature
- sapphire = 800°C
-silicon = 900°C
- four 2” magnetron sputter sources
-current available targets: Ag, Al, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Fe-Al, Ga, In, Mo, Sc, Ta, TaN, Ti, TiN, V, W, Zr, ZrN
*gases: Ar, N2, NH3
-three 500W DC power supplies
-one 13.54 MHz, 300W RF power supply
-base pressure <8x10-8 Torr
-two quartz crystal monitors for in-situ thickness measurement
* Must install Coral and be a trained user to reserve a slot on this system.