nanoHUB could be intermittently unavailable on 05/04 from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (EST) for scheduled maintenance. All tool sessions will expire on 05/04 at 8:00 am (EST).
Location: Birck 1077
X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) provides information about the element and chemical composition of a substrate. The AXIS ULTRA DLD incorporates quantitative real-time parallel XPS imaging with a lateral resolution of 5 μm. The system integrates:
• The Kratos patented magnetic immersion lens
• A charge neutralization system
• Spherical mirror and concentric hemispherical analyzers combined with the newly developed delay-line detector (DLD)
• Fast load lock with cryo/heating options
• A catalytic cell to facilitate substrate treat and preparation (up to 7bar at 1000C)
• Monochromatic Al Kα (1486.6 eV) and Ag Lα (2984.3 eV) anodes
• Non-monochromatic dual anode X-ray gun with Al Kα (1486.6 eV) and Mg Kα (1253.6 eV)
• Stuttering ion gun (Ar, He)
• External ports for user-supplied facilities
• Oxygen-free glove box
The technique can analyze any vacuum-compatible substrate.
* Must install Coral and be a trained user to reserve a slot on this system.