Due to local system maintenance on Tuesday, September 27th, nanoHUB will be unable to launch simulation jobs on clusters conte, rice, carter, and hansen. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Process/Equipment Owner: Dmitry Zemylanov
Location: Birck 1077
X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) provides information about the element and chemical composition of a substrate. The AXIS ULTRA DLD incorporates quantitative real-time parallel XPS imaging with a lateral resolution of 5 _m. The system integrates:
• The Kratos patented magnetic immersion lens
• A charge neutralization system
• Spherical mirror and concentric hemispherical analyzers combined with the newly developed delay-line detector (DLD)
• Fast load lock with cryo/heating options
• A catalytic cell to facilitate substrate treat and preparation (up to 7bar at 1000C)
• Monochromatic Al K_ (1486.6 eV) and Ag L_ (2984.3 eV) anodes
• Non-monochromatic dual anode X-ray gun with Al K_ (1486.6 eV) and Mg K_ (1253.6 eV)
• Stuttering ion gun (Ar, He)
• External ports for user-supplied facilities
• Oxygen-free glove box
The technique can analyze any vacuum-compatible substrate.
* Must install Coral and be a trained user to reserve a slot on this system.