Packing Liquid Dispersions when there is the potential for release of nanomaterials into the workplace.
- Ventilated Laboratory Hood or local exhaust enclosure with HEPA* exhaust filtration
- If an exhausted enclosure is not available, PPE should be used to minimize potential for dermal and eye exposure
- The filtered air must not be recirculated into the workplace
- Latex or nitrile clean room gloves
- Wet cleaning of laboratory hood surfaces or local exhaust enclosure following conclusion of handling operations
Alternatively, Control Banding may be employed when more is known about material reactivity, exposure duration and material state.
Material Specific Controls