The RpVariable class was meant to be the base class for the following data types:
How to use:
- check out the example use in the test program RpVariable_test.cc in the svn repository.
- The program is located in the directory path rappture/test/src, read and understand it.
- You can compile the program by going to the rappture/test directory and issuing the command make.
- In the test directory the program ./RpVariable_test will be compiled. To run, type ./RpVariable
Design Comments / Considerations / Future Changes:
- Try to figure out how to do hints instead of implementing getX() / setX() functions
- Use type checking in RpVariable instead of void*'s and casting, try creating a base class RpValue?, and derived classes RpValDbl? and RpValStr?. Use type checking and polymorphism to avoid the void*. Check out patters (letter and envelope)?