- Nov 2011 – current Researcher, CNR-ISTM, Milano, Italy
- Jul 2010 – Sep 2011 Senior Research Fellow, MML, Oxford University
- May 2008 – Jun 2010 Senior Research Fellow, Department of Materials Science and - Engineering, MIT, Boston MA, USA
- Jan 2005 – Apr 2008 Research Fellow, Condensed Matter sector, SISSA
- Dec 2003 – Dec 2004 Postdoc, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Rutgers University, Piscataway NJ, USA
- Nov 2002 – Dec 2003 Postdoc, Condensed Matter sector at SISSA, Trieste, Italy
- Oct 2002: Ph.D. in Condensed Matter at SISSA, Trieste, Italy
- Oct 2000: Master degree in Condensed Matter at SISSA
- Sep 1999: Degree (it. laurea) in Materials Science, at the University of Milano-Bicocca
'''Scientific interests and research activities'''
- Theoretical characterization and design of materials for water-splitting.
- Structure, chemistry, mechanical properties of cement with reduced CO2 footprint.
- Computational NMR and EPR spectroscopy.
- Atomistic simulations of iron and steel interface solidification (EU-FP7 MINTWELD).
'''Past scientific interests and research activities'''
- Orbital magnetization in periodic systems.
- High-k dielectric materials.
- High temperature nanofriction.
- Electron–hole recombination in polyethylene (in collaboration with Pirelli Cables and Systems).
- Structure and reactivity of amorphous silica surfaces (in collaboration with Pirelli Tires).