EE 3329 - Electronic Devices Syllabus
EE 3329 – Electronic Devices Syllabus (“Extended Play”)
The University of Texas at El Paso
The following concepts can be part of the syllabus for the Electronic Devices (EE 3329) course. Note that the list of topics cannot be covered in a semester, it is up to the individual...
Lesson Topic: Drift
Objective of Lesson: To understand the concept of drift in semiconductors.
Reading Assignment: Section 3.1.1 and 3.1.2
What do you need to know for the exam?
1. What must be present for there to be drift current?
2. What determines the polarity of...
Lesson Topic: Diffusion
Objective of Lesson: To get an introduction to diffusion of particles and random thermal motion.
Reading Assignment: Section 3.2
1. Are carriers motionless when there is no concentration gradient?
2. Come up with your own example of...
Recombination of Electrons Lesson
Lesson Topic: Recombination of Electrons
Objective of Lesson: To learn about recombination of electrons and holes in semiconductors.
Reading Assignment: Sections 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.3.4
1. What are the differences among the three mechanisms of recombination in...
Lesson Topic: Crystalline Structure
Objective of Lesson: To learn the terms amorphous, polycrystalline, and crystalline.
Reading Assignment: Chapter 1
1. Compare and contrast amorphous, polycrystalline, and crystalline semiconductors in terms of material quality and...
Top 5 shown | See more results