This learning module is an overview of the common deposition processes used for the fabrication of micro-size devices. This learning module discusses thermal oxidation, chemical deposition and physical deposition processes. Activities are provided for further exploration into these processes as well as the properties and applications of the thin films deposited.
This learning module contains the following.
- Pre-test (Knowledge Probe)
- Reading: Deposition Overview for Microsystems
- Presentation: Deposition Overview for Microsystems
- Activity: Terminology of Deposition
- Activity: Science of Thin Films
- Presentation: Science of Thin Films Activity
- Activity: What Do You Know About Deposition?
Instructor materials for this learning module are available here.
This work made possible by Southwest Center for Microsystems Education (SCME), a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded Center through DUE grants #0830384, 0902411, and 1205138. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and creators, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NSF.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: