This learning module provides a review of "cells", the smallest unit exhibiting the properties of life. It discusses how these cells are being used in bioMEMS as well as other micro and nano-sized devices. A research activity provides the opportunity to further explore how cells can be used in bioMEMS (bio MicroElectroMechanical Systems).
This learning module contains the following:
- Learning Module Map (suggested outline for instructors)
- Pre-test: Knowledge Probe
- Reading: Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
- Presentation: Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
- Activity: Research on Cells - The Building Block of Life
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Micro and Nanotechnology
- cell culture