This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
This tool will help in visualizing various types of Bravais lattices, planes and Miller indices needed for many material, electronics and chemistry courses. Also large bulk systems for different materials (Silicon, InAs, GaAs, diamond, graphene, Buckyball) can be viewed using this tool. The main purpose of this tool is to provide insight about the crystalline structure of various materials. Please feel free to send comments and requests in the nanoHUB help system. Homework material is provided to help the user to understand the crystal structures and to be able to use the tool to get better idea about the crystals which is necessary to understand materials and their properties. Bug Fixes:
- Graphene atoms were too small to be seen. This has been fixed in the latest release of the tool.
- Now it is possible to visualize the atoms in certain planes for the crystal structures.
- CNTs can be visualized in the tool now.
- To make the atomic plane visualization better for clear understanding
- To show the miller indices in better way
- Include other crystal systems like Wurtzite, cubic, class etc.
- Allow to upload PDB files to view simple molecular and atomic structures.
NCN , Purdue University
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: