This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
Types of 1D periodic Potential in the tool:
- Rectangular Potential
- Triangular Potential
- Parabolic (harmonic)Potential
- Coulombic Potential
- Sinosoidal Potential
New potentials included in V 1.0.6
- Exponential Potential
- Gaussian Potential
- Polynomial Potential (upto order 4)
- Added predefined material masses, such as GaAs, InAs, InP.
- Reduced the maximum barrier height to a lower value in square well case.
- Wavefunction plot added to the output. Completes this wish
- 50% Wavefunction probability plot added to the output. Completes this wish
- New Sinosoidal Periodic potential added to the tool.
- Now the tool provides a log of the steps run in the tool.
- New periodic potentials have been added.
- Effective mass is provided in a separate table with E and K locations.
- Now the free electron EK starts from Emin=0eV, which provides a better comparison with the EK of the electron in periodic EK.
- Tool now provides the breakup of the time needed to obtain the solutions at different stages.
- A new 1D Density of States(DOS) plot included in the tool.
- Now the plots for allowed bands and reduced EK compared to effective mass EK are clearer.
In Version 1.0.6:
- Effective masses calculation has been corrected and now values are correct. Can be seen in the effective mass table as well as the plot of reduced dispersion with effective mass EK plot.
- Allowed energy bands calculation has been modified to obtain all the correct energy bands.
First Time User Guide This document explains some important details about the tool and details to use the tool. This is very useful if you are running the tool for the first time or want to understand the basic science behind the tool.
Other useful documents: A list of some other useful documents associated with this tool.
- Quantum Mechanics: Periodic Potentials and Kronig-Penney Model [Link]
- Kronig-Penney Model Explained [Link ].
- Simplified Band-Structure Model [ Link ].
WishList : See all the wishes here and add your wishes too.