You must login before you can run this tool.
Typical simulation run time LINEAR: ~ 2 minutes
Typical simulation run time DISCRETE: ~ 4 minutes
- If you want to know more about the physics of the operation of BJT plese refer to the following slides:
Example Problems for BJT:
BJT tool wish list :
- Upgrading to include HBT simulations.
Improvements / modifications in subsequent version releases:
- 2.4 - Updated mobility term for doping dependence. Added Beta Vs Ic plot.
- 2.3.3 - Fixed Vc voltage sign for npn
- 2.3.2 - Changed default input deck for run to be faster.
- 2.3.1 - Fixed overwriting for previous simulation runs
- 2.3 - Improved mesh density for Linear case around 2*Le+Wb+2*Lc (Le/c=diffusion lengths;Wb=base width). Mesh density gradient calculated depending on doping in the region for better resolution.
- 2.2 - Working for Common Base mode of operation. Added fermi level plot in equilibrium energy band diagram. Added option for minority carrier lifetime (us) and Diffusion constant (cm2/s) for Emitter,Base and Collector regions.
- 2.1 - 1D Linear BJT simulation capability added.3D plots added for better visualization for 2D discrete BJT simulations.
- 2.0.1 - Added simulation progress bar.
- 2.0 - It is now a full 2D simulator allowing users to plot 1D plots along the depth like conduction/valence band, electron/hole density, electric field, potential, recombination rate, current density.
- 1.22 - Fixed for memory issue by trimming output files.
- 1.12 - Update for improved quality of output curves. No overlapping of curves now.
- 1.11 - Discrete BJT simulator launched with output characteristics and Gummel plot.
- 1.1 - 1D linear BJT simulator updated for minor bugs.
- 1.0 - 1D linear BJT simulator launched.
PADRE (Pisces And Device REplacement) developed by Mark Pinto & Kent Smith at AT&T Bell Labs.
Researchers should cite this work as follows: