Post operation clean-up of liquid nanodispersion workspaces
- Damp laboratory wipes shall be used to minimize particulate generation
- The wipes must be compatible with the solvents used in the dispersion
- Laboratory wipes shall be disposed of in closed receptacles that are in a ventilated enclosure
- Latex or nitrile clean room gloves
- Contaminated gloves must be disposed of in the same closed receptacle.
- When exhaust ventilation is not feasible, respiratory protection shall be utilized to prevent potential inhalation of nanomaterials
Note: Additional PPE and or EHS controls may be required based on the suspension solvent selection
Alternatively, Control Banding may be employed when more is known about material reactivity, exposure duration and material state.
Material Specific Controls