Handling, mixing or measuring dry powders when there is the potential for aerosolization and release of nanomaterials into the workplace atmosphere
- Ventilated Laboratory Hood or local exhaust enclosure with HEPA* exhaust filtration
- The filtered air must not be recirculated into the workplace.
- If an exhausted enclosure is not available, PPE should be used to minimize potential for respiratory, dermal and eye exposure
- Latex or nitrile clean room gloves
- Wet cleaning of laboratory hood surfaces or local exhaust enclosure following conclusion of handling operations
Material Specific Controls