Setting up a project in a nanoHUB group is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the group page
- In the left-side menu, click on "Projects"
- Click on the button to add a new project
- On the next page, pick a project name and a short name for the URL
- Save all and continue
- Describe your project, and upload an image if you like
- Add project members
IMPORTANT: Do NOT add all group members. Instead, select specific members either from the group or elsewhere in nanoHUB.
After creating the project in a group, you can invite all or select members of other groups. This is an easy way to share content with members of more than one group.
- invite or remove other team members
- change project information and global settings
- do everything that a collaborator can do
- upload and manage project files
- edit project publications
- use available project tools, e.g. notes and to-do's
View project files, publications, notes, to-do's, and team members (This member has read-only access to the project)
Group Projects: how does membership work?
The group creating a project comprises the initial project team. If you belong to or join the group, you can access the project. If you quit the group, you lose project access, unless someone adds you individually after the fact. Project roles (manager/collaborator) are initially inherited from group roles (manager/member), but can be changed individually at any time. As a project creator, you receive the manager role from the start, which you can't change until project setup is complete.
Welcome to your new Project!
Other project features include:
- Upload and share files, and organize those files into folders.
- Create a to-do list and assign tasks to people, along with due dates.
- The update list shows what has happened lately in the project.
- You can take notes (in wiki format). For example, you can keep meeting notes in a wiki page.
- There is an option to add comments to a note (also called an article page) as well as reviews.
nanoHUB keeps track of each saved note and lets you see previous versions.