Rights for European Union Residents Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Residents of the European Union member countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK) have these rights under GDPR:
• Access, Rectification and Erasure: ask us for access to, correction or erasure of your data
• Restrict processing (pending correction or deletion)
• Be Informed – collection and use of your data described herein
• Data portability – right to obtain a copy of your record in our database
• Object to communications or direct marketing
• Not to be subjected to a decision based on automated processing (profiling)
We handle your personal data securely and take proactive measures to minimize its use. Those uses are to process a transaction you have requested, to carry out our responsibilities under a contract, or to pursue Purdue’s legitimate interests, including the research interests, all as disclosed in our policies available at our Legal notice page.
Some key facts and information about your data protection rights:
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or questions about the above information or you wish to ask us not to process your personal data for particular purposes. Where you have specific requests relating to how we manage your data, we will endeavor to resolve these, but please note that there may be circumstances where we cannot comply with specific requests.
• We will publish on our website any changes we make to this data protection statement and notify you by other communication channels where appropriate.