Modification of the Agreement
Eligibility, Registration, Access, and Termination
The nanoHUB is limited to non-commercial educational and research activities. Posting of spam messages or other commercial advertisements is a violation of these terms and may result in termination of your account.
Certain portions of the nanoHUB are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to participate in online services by entering personal information. You agree that any information provided to the nanoHUB in these areas will be complete and accurate, and that you will neither register under the name of nor attempt to enter the nanoHUB under the name of another person or entity.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The NCN does not authorize use of your User ID by third-parties.
Privacy and Confidentiality
We respect your privacy. We will not publicly disclose your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information without your permission. However; personally identifiable information, including your e-mail address, may be disclosed in the event of a business transaction such as a sale, merger, acquisition, or if we cease operations due to a lapse in funding.
We are a scientific project and we provide a free service, so we do track your activities on this site. We combine your usage metrics with others to create an aggregate picture of how the site is being used, and we report that usage publicly on our site and send similar quarterly reports to our program sponsors. However, such usage reports never contain detailed information about your activities as an individual without your prior consent.
From time to time, we work with other other projects that seek to study social interactions on the site. We may share your activities with those groups, but they are bound by a Memorandum of Understanding to follow our policies and respect your privacy in the same way that we do. We may contact you on their behalf and ask you to participate in their study, but your participation is voluntary, and your information will not be publicly released without your prior consent.
We reserve the right to contact you to request additional information or to keep you updated on changes to the nanoHUB. You may opt out of receiving newsletters and other non-essential communications by updating the settings in your account profile.
All resources, wiki articles, blogs, questions, answers, or other information posted or stored on the nanoHUB is potentially available to all other users of the nanoHUB. We do our best to restrict access to source code and to other private materials shared within groups. However, we are a research project and our software is constantly changing. We disclaim any responsibility or capability for the preservation of confidentiality of any information posted on this site. Do not post or store information on the nanoHUB if you expect to or are obligated to protect the confidentiality of that information.
You are responsible at all times for using the nanoHUB in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others. Once you have created an account, you are allowed to post materials and participate in other social networking features available on this site. All members are encouraged to help moderate content and click on "report abuse" links to report any material deemed offensive or inappropriate. If your posted material is reported as abusive, it will be immediately withdrawn and subsequently reviewed by a site administrator. If the material is judged to be appropriate, it will be restored. Otherwise, it will be removed from the site, and depending on the inappropriate nature of the content, your account may be terminated.
All users must recognize that system resources on the nanoHUB are limited. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. By using the nanoHUB, you agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You may request an increase in system quotas, and you may use points to pay for premium services, but you may not circumvent the policies put in place to manage resources.
Creating multiple accounts or otherwise gaming the system in order to earn extra points, to increase your disk quota, or to gain an unfair share of other system resources is strictly prohibited and may lead to termination of your account.
By using the nanoHUB, you agree that:
- You will not use the nanoHUB to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct what would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You will not violate any applicable law;
- You will not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- You will not use the nanoHUB to impersonate other parties or entities;
- You will not use the nanoHUB to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of nanoHUB.org or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses nanoHUB.org;
- You will not post any material on the nanoHUB that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another;
- You will not redistribute resource materials posted on the nanoHUB or create derivative works unless it is allowed by the license terms posted for a resource;
- You will not alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the nanoHUB;
- You will not claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- You will not post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- You will not use email addresses obtained or accessed through the nanoHUB to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients without a valid purpose specifically related to the research and education mission of the NCN;
THE NANOHUB AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON IT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The NCN does not warrant, and hereby disclaims any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any good, service, or information obtained from the nanoHUB. The NCN does not warrant that the nanoHUB will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that the nanoHUB is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of the nanoHUB is at your own risk.
You agree that the NCN and its administrator, Purdue University, shall have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to your use of the nanoHUB or any resource that you access through the nanoHUB.
The nanoHUB hosts content from a number of authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of the NCN or their sponsors, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of the NCN or their sponsors.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection/Attorney Fees
You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to the NCN, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by federal law and by the laws of the State of Indiana, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Tippecanoe County, Indiana as the exclusive legal forums for any such dispute.