Hands-on Data Science and Machine Learning Training
Be notified of future workshops - sign up for the nanoHUB newsletter to receive news, events, and more.
Hands-on workshop - April 2020
Organizers: Alejandro Strachan, Saaketh Desai
In April 2020, we conducted a hands-on workshop where participants would learn how to use repositories, manage data, and train models using machine learning with hands-on activities. No background in coding is required and there is no need to install any software. All you need is an internet connection, and a web browser. This workshop is designed for graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, or staff members doing research who can benefit from data science and machine learning skills.
Recorded content for this workshop is available here: https://nanohub.org/resources/33245.
Before accessing the workshop content, please set up nanoHUB accounts and API keys for databases. Instructions for this can be found here. [Download PDF]
- Intro to Jupyter in nanoHUB, Pandas for data organization and plotting (Instructor: Juan Carlos Verduzco)
- Repositories and data management (Instructor: Zachary McClure)
- Supervised learning 1: regression and neural networks (Instructor: Saaketh Desai)
- Supervised learning 2: classification and random forests (Instructor: Saaketh Desai)
- Unsupervised learning: dimensionality reduction via matrix decomposition (Instructor: Michael Sakano)
- Sequential learning and design of experiments (Instructor: Juan Carlos Verduzco)
Other useful resources
Lecture on Data Science and Machine Learning for Material Science: https://nanohub.org/resources/32274
Short paper: https://nanohub.org/resources/31246
Tools on nanohub: