This learning module is an overview of microcantilevers, how they work and how they are used in micro and nanotechnology. These are the instructor materials.
- Knowledge Probe (Pre-test)
- Microcantilevers Applications Overview
- Chemical Sensor Arrays
- Atomic Force Microscopes (AFMs)
- How Does a Cantilever Work?
- Microcantilever Model Activity
- Terminology and Research Activity
- Final Assessment
There are Powerpoint presentations available to download for the Microcantilevers Applications Overview, Chemical Sensor Arrays and How Does a Cantilever Work? units.
Student materials for this learning module are available here.
Southwest Center for Microsystems Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM