You must login before you can run this tool.
This tool is a key element in the Tool-Powered curriculum on Semiconductor Device Education . The latest tool update has now additional tabs for each tool that allows looking at posted homework assignments, link back to the originally embedded tool, and allows the posting of questions to this tool.
Tool upgrades and modifications:
- 1.0.4 - ABACUS drives an assembly of tools which themselves have tool pages, questions/answer forums, reviews, usage data, homework assignments, etc. However these individual tool information pages were not accessible from within ABACUS. Now these pages have been made available through additionally tabbed windows inside the ABACUS application.
- 1.0.5 - The scope of ABACUS was narrowed down to the essential tools needed for the teaching of semiconductor device education. Advanced FET codes like nanoMOS, nanoFET, and FETtoy, as well as all the semiconductor processing and TCAD tools were taken out of the ABACUS tool. ABACUS and all its included tools are now declared as NCN@Purdue supported tools.
- 1.0.6 - The tabbed windows for questions/answer forums and tool pages have been removed. The information presented on these tabbed windows is available through links in the Rappture interface.
- 1.1 - The splash screen now has images which can launch the various tools. Also included are the newly released, more interactive tools "Crystal Viewer" and "PN Junction Lab". These two tools launch in separate browser windows.
- 1.2 - Added the new interactive Kronig-Penney-Lab into ABACUS and updated the splash screen. Moved the old Crystal Viewer, PN Junction Lab, and Kroenig-Penney Model to the bottom of the splash screen and also to the bottom of the pull-down menu.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: